I absolutely LOVE to bake, I always have. And now that I’ve taken a few cake decorating classes at Michael’s I love to decorate cakes as well. One of my favorite kinds of cake is carrot. This is one of the easiest and most delicious carrot cake recipes I have ever tried! I can’t take credit for the recipe though, I found it on Jessica’s website Mom4real.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups grated carrots (I like mine finely grated)
- 3/4 stick of softened butter
- 1 8oz bar cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 16oz box of confectioners sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine dry ingredients with a whisk or spatula
- Add oil and then eggs one at a time. But do not over beat
- Fold in carrots
- Fill 2 round cake pans floured and greased or 24 cupcakes and bake for 30-35 minutes, until a toothpick in the middle comes out clean
- Beat together butter and cream cheese until smooth
- Add extract and mix in
- Add entire box of powdered sugar and beat until creamy and smooth about 5 minutes
You can half the recipe for a dozen cupcakes or just one pan.
The cupcakes are flavorful, moist and light. Truly one of the most delicious carrot cake recipes I’ve ever made 🙂 I learned how to make buttercream frosting a few months ago and have been obsessed. Now this is my new go to icing. It’s AWESOME! I’ve already baked twice this week.